Executive Director, Children’s Cancer Therapy Development Institute (Beaverton, OR)
Join the team of “rebel scientists” at cc-TDI who are pushing the boundaries of scientific innovation in our quest to make childhood cancer universally survivable. cc-TDI is looking for a passionate, experienced, and creative Executive Director to help us reach our goal of making 5 drugs available for children via trials each and every year.
The successful candidate will join our team of scientist and engineer researchers as we open our new, larger lab facilities in 2023. In this new state-of-the-art lab and backed by a dedicated volunteer Board of Directors, the Executive Director will be tasked with building the organizational and financial infrastructure necessary to attract and support a second Principle Investigator, who will bring new expertise and new techniques to help us reach our goals. A successful Executive Director will lead the creation and execution of a communications and fundraising strategy that will significantly increase our visibility and operational and research budget while also developing and streamlining internal organizational policies and procedures that help us maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of our research team.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Commitment to the cc-TDI mission
- Experience/familiarity with the medical research process with knowledge of the pharmaceutical research and development process preferred
- Experience in developing and executing fundraising campaigns targeting both individual donors and large corporate and foundation contributors
- Effective communications skills and experience working with different types of media
- Experience overseeing a team and developing and managing a budget
- Ability to work independently and bring new ideas for advancing our mission
Must be willing to relocate to the Portland, Oregon area. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send a resume and cover letter to: cc-TDI Executive Search Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org.