Junior Board of Directors
Our Mission: The mission of the cc-TDI Junior Board of Directors is to collaborate together to become better advocates in memory of those who bravely fought cancer, those who are still fighting, and those yet to fight. We work together to raise awareness in our communities, fundraise for childhood cancer research, and be an active participant in making childhood cancer universally survivable.
Who We Are: The Junior Board of Directors is a member-driven group made up of youth ages 12-18 from across the country who are dedicated to making a difference within the childhood cancer research community. Members develop valuable lifeskills as they serve their communities through volunteer opportunities and fundraising events. Applications are held annually in April with the term running June through May of each year. Email Erika@cc-tdi.org for more information!
Host an Event: Leading a fundraiser may seem overwhelming but there are many family-friendly ways to lead an effort benefitting childhood cancer research in your community. From ongoing advocacy efforts, to simple done-in-a-day projects, here are a few ideas to help support cc-TDI’s important mission!
- Create a cc-TDI Honor Page or host a Facebook / Instagram fundraiser in honor of a loved one
- Host a bake sale, community garage sale, or lemonade stand
- Partner with your school community for a day of gold, week of gold, or gold game for a sporting event
- Create a week or month-long giving competition in which classmates compete against one another or a rival school
- Does your school have uniform requirements? Ask school administrators to grant free dress days in exchange for donations to your cause
- Engage an unrelated extra-curricular group to adopt cc-TDI’s cause during the month of September
- Host an organized group exercise class, fun run or cycle ride for donations…the ideas are unlimited!
- Appeal to your favorite restaurant, coffee shop or food cart for a give-back night where a percentage of proceeds benefit cc-TDI.
Ready to get started? cc-TDI can help you plan next steps and provide items such as banners, informational cards and misc. swag to make your event stand out!